Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Special Day

lotvsm

Hello dear friends!!  I am making a quick post here today as I have such a busy weekend. I am headed out to my grandson’s birthday party here shortly. He is going to be 2. But wanted to get a few cards posted.

 

Today I have a card to show you for a few challenges. Look at this cutie!!! She is from Lily Of The Valley and I think she is just the sweetest. She has been colored with my copic’s and I have added some glamour dust to the image in places.  The papers are from K & Co and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used the MS branch and Punch Bunch leaf. The ribbon is from SU and I have also used a Lily Of The Valley sentiment. I added some flat pearls to the top. I am entering this challenge at Lily Of The Valley Challenge Blog where I used the lovely sketch there by Bev. Also I am entering this into Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog and PaperTake Weekly Challenge Blog where both the theme’s are Anything Goes.

 

lotv

My next card is one of the adorable images from Sugar Nellie. This is Connie from the Simply Adorable collection. She has been colored with my copic’s and I have used some papers from SU along with the ribbon. The flowers are from Prima with a pearl brad and I have used the circle die from Spellbinders and a MS border punch as well as the branch and the Fiskars leaf. I used a book label die for my wording. I am entering this challenge in Fun with Shapes Challenge Blog for the theme of Happy Birthday and for sketch over at Friday Sketchers  by the very talented Rach along with the recipe theme over at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog where the recipe is 1 image, 2 patterned papers and 3 embellishments (ribbon, flower, brad)

fs

My last card to show you today is from the new Home Grown collection from Sugar Nellie. He is called Little Farmer and is available to buy now at Funky Kits.

I have used some papers from K&Co and have added some wording from Simon Says Stamp and a BG button with hemp. I added a pearl pen in the corner.

Nothing like waiting till the last minute to get your grandson’s birthday card done lol

Nathaniel

Well you all have a wonderful weekend and I will catch up with you soon. Sending big hugs (((((((((())))))))))))

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you HAVE been busy! Love them ALL!

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards Donalda, you have been so busy, love them all, hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he's two already... boy does time fly.

    Beautiful cards Dolanda, just beautiful

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such beautiful cards! Your colouring is great!

    Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy Donalda! I love them all. They're all great images. I love that little boy with his tractor. I may have to buy that one. Maybe tomorrow, I'm going to the craft show in Glasgow tomorrow and Sugar Nellies have a stand.

    Hope your grandson had a lovely party.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful cards Donalda,I love the images and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they are awesome, all three of them!!!
    hugs Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Donalda, 3 gorgeous cards and the girly ones are divine. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge and hope you can join us again soon!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards Donalda, you must have been really busy with these. As always, your colouring is amazing !!!!

    Have a great time at the party.

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, great images and lovely papers and embellishments.
    Enjoy your party and Happy Birthday to your grandson.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous trio of cards Hon.
    I love the sweet colours on the LOTV card, so pretty, but I also love the colours on Connie's card, I'm very fond of greens.
    The little boy on his tractor is so cute and a perfect card for a special little boys 2nd birthday. Hope you all had a lovely time.
    Love & hugs Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you've echoed the flowers in the green paper with the shape of those yellow/pink ones & all is rather stunning against that dark red backdrop. The colouring of Connie is stunning - her blouse just amazing & I like the way you've picked out the green stripes of her shoes with that ribbon. The Little Farmer is a really super card for your grandson - I love the colouring of the tractor & the way that vertical strip of ??sequin waste?? picks up on the tractor treads.
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on our sketch this week Donalda. Your card is gorgeous, love your colouring to this adorable image.
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your take on our sketch this week Vicky. Your card is gorgeous, love your colouring to this adorable image and thgese papers are delish.
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow wow wow Donalda, this is gorgeous .... or should I say THESE are gorgeous. You have been so busy. Each card is just stunning. Thankyou for joining us at LOTV - sorry it has been so long since I last visited
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment on my blog. It really does mean the world to me.
Sending Big Hugs ((((((((((()))))))))))))))))