Sunday, July 1, 2012

Peace

dreadsframesm

Happy Sunday dear friends !!!

I hope everyone is staying cool  in the air conditioning!!! We have had the hottest week ever. Our temperatures reached 108 the lowest was 105. I tell you work was so miserable we were all about half sick !!! We have air in the factory well somewhat but it was better than it was outside that is for sure. There are a lot of factory's that do not have air and Aisin is one of the good ones that do !! But without rain for weeks we finally got some about 3 am this morning. My grass is just brown no green at all !!!

But after work yesterday I came home and got all the chores done and today I had a play time. I love this Dreads from Krista Smith so knowing I had to make all the girlfriends of Kirstie’s some things I took advantage of this image and made a frame with her.

I used some old papers from DD’s. The image was colored with my copic’s and spica glitter pens . The corner die is one of Susana’s Custom Art and Cards new custom dies by Susana. I just love this set. Then I used the peace sign die and popped one in a bottle cap and used diamond glaze to cover it. I got the wooden peace word from HL.

dreadsframe

Here is a close up of Dreads and I used some diamond glaze on her eyes to give them a pop.

dreadspic

Here is the back of the frame and I painted it with Susana’s Silks she has. I LOVE this color it is Spicy Tomato. The picture does not do the silks justice. These silks has such a gorgeous shine to them.

dreadsback

Well that is it for me today. I am going back to the craft room and do a little more to some other projects I have going. It takes me forever anymore to finish anything working the hours I do but I do enjoy getting to play what little time I get.

Thanks so much for stopping bye and visiting me. It is greatly appreciated and I love reading all your comments  from you.

Sending hugs (((((((((((())))))))))))))

6 comments:

  1. This is stunning Donalda, love it darlin, she is one of my favourite images , shes gorgeous, huggies June xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work, this is so beautiful! Everything is so lovely, the image, colouring, embellies - everything! The lucky recipient will love it!

    Peace... and... Love!

    Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome hon!
    I do love the frames you create, they're all so beautiful.
    Your colouring is always amazing and the image is a real beauty.
    Hope this week is a little cooler for you at work!

    Biggest hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring of her is brilliant - I love all the little details you have put into her hair decorations & her multicoloured clothing. I hope you've had a cooler week (I'm a bit late commenting). One of Kirstie's friends is going to be absolutely delidhgted with this, your attention to detail with the painting of the back is super.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donalda, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment on my blog. It really does mean the world to me.
Sending Big Hugs ((((((((((()))))))))))))))))