Sunday, August 9, 2009

My flower tutorial!!!!!!

Well here I am with post 2 today!! I have had so many emails and comments on how I make my flowers so I thought I would do a quick tutorial for you so anyone that would like to make them will know how I do it now.
These are the punches I use, The large and medium retro punches from Fiskars, Martha Stewart branch and leaf punch and my crackle stamp from Innovation Stamp Creations.

I punch 2 each of each size retro flower out and stamp them with my crackle stamp

Next I distress them with ink around the edges the color depends on the color of flower I am using. I also fold each leaf in the middle to make it stand out.


Then I stack the 4 flowers together layering them to show each leaf.



Then I add the brad and spacer and the branch and leaf to the flower and use them on my project. Here I have made a door hanging for my granddaughter with one of the Gorjuss Girls from Sugar Nellie. I have used a piece from a floor puzzle and sanded it and glued my pp to it cut the shape out and then decorated it, My gorjuss girl has been colored with my copic's my wording is from a sizzix alphabet set, the butterfly is from MS and the ribbon is from my stash.

Not really for sure about the paper it was just in my stash I had. I have used my crop a dile to punch holes in the puzzle and added large eyelets and ran my ribbon through to use as a hanger.
Well that is going to be it for me today, still have some chores to do around the house before I have to get ready to go back to work tomorrow. So hope you have enjoyed my flowers for you that have asked how I do it. If you have any questions please EMAIL ME, and I will try to help.
Big Hugs!!








37 comments:

  1. Great tutorial and I love your projects. That super large puzzle piece is awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a gorgeous door hanger, just love the colours and the jigsaw piece shape, truly inspirational!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project and thanks for the flower tutorial!Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! those flowers are beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial. I'll have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tutorial thank you for sharing hun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for taking the time to do the tutorial, its really appreciated.

    Fab door hanging - love it!!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is fantastic and a great tutorial thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this hanger! the flowers are great and I just love her pink dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a gorgeous door hanging sweetie, love the flower tutorial that you have done. thanks for sharing.. hugs rachxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, thanks for the info, very helpful, just need to get those punches now lol.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. just lovely.. you did a great job! Its so clear now.. but I wish I had the martha steward punch.. they are so great.. pour student haha..
    Much love Marley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the tutorial! The door hanging is so fab-can I have one? hehe! Love Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh wowww Donalda,what beautiful,i love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great Tutorial Donalda, and what a cute door hanger! I love your flowers, they are so pretty, so I really appreciate you taking the time to do this tutorial, thank you. Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. you did great job on tutorial - thank you - now I'm off to try some flowers - I have all but one of these punches so will have to be creative ...thanks again Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your flowers they always look beautiful!! The door hanging is sweet!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your flowers they always look beautiful!! The door hanging is sweet!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous door hanging Donalda! That is adorable! Thanks for the fun tutorial for how you make your flowers....very cute!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you so much for the tutorial - I would never have thought of stamping on the flowers and stacking 4 together!
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donalda Thanks so much for the tutorial I love your flowers...I need that leaf punch..I have all the other...lol...lovely card too.I can see I need to sue my micheals coupon this week..lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous tutorial sweetie, I love the crackled stamp effect. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tutorial Donalda - have a few of those punches so must give it a go - love how you use the crackle stamp! the door hanger is brilliant!

    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the tutorial dear and wow what a stunning door hanger Kirstie will love it, ]
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just wonderful - I have always loved your flowers!
    HUGS
    MichelleO

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an innovative and beautiful idea Donalda! I love the puzzle piece and your image is so cute!
    Great tutorial with the flowers also! I love the look of them and plan to start making my own flowers one day.
    Thanks for sharing Donalda!
    hugs
    risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is absolutely beautiful! A gorjuss project hehe. I bet she loves it eh!?

    Fab toot huni thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Lisa.xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this jigsaw, what a great idea

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  28. FAB tutorial, your flowers are stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much for the tutorial !
    Beautiful flowers!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous door hanger and thanks so much for sharing your flower tutorial with us :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I love how you make your flowers and what a gorgeous door hanger.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous door hanger and fab tutorial. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! love the door hanger Donalda it is gorgeous and what a fantastic idea! Great tutorial too! TFS, hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for the great tutorial. I always admired your flowers. The trick now is to find those retro punches, that's the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your doorhänging is so wonderful, hun!!!!
    I love the flowers and all details!!
    Hun, please look on my blog, there is something for you!
    Big hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks so much for the flower tut! It was great & looks easy to follow.
    I love the hanger & the use of the floor puzzle piece........genius! Love it!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment on my blog. It really does mean the world to me.
Sending Big Hugs ((((((((((()))))))))))))))))